After creating engaging content on a site, what should the next step be, in order to drive traffic and followers to a website? Leave it to the search engine and wait for users to discover that piece of content? That might take a while for it to be properly indexed. Instead, promote these content with other digital marketing techniques, such as through emails and on social channels like Facebook. In this tutorial, we’ll look at 18 Facebook post ideas to get traffic and followers to your website.
18 Facebook Post Ideas
From sharing an article or an image to hosting giveaways, live conferences, and selling products on the Facebook platform, consider these 18 Facebook post ideas to drive traffic and followers to your website.
Text and Content Facebook Post Ideas
Image-Based Facebook Post Ideas
- Share Images of Activities
- Images with Overlaid Texts (Motivational Quotes /Fun Facts, etc)
- Tap to Reveal Answer Image
- Gather Votes with Facebook Reactions
- 360° Images
- Animated Gifs
Video-Based Facebook Post Ideas
Activity-Based Facebook Post Ideas
Text & Content Facebook Post Ideas
Most people are familiar with the idea of sharing blog articles on Facebook posts. Yet, many do not stop to consider how to optimise these posts. With some minor tweaks by adding extra information on these images, these shared articles will stand out from the clutter on the news feed. Compare the following two Facebook posts from The Guardian. Which of these posts capture your attention immediately?
Technical Specifications for Feature images on shared posts:
- Recommended size 1200 x 675px
- Adheres to the Open Graph Protocol
- For WordPress users, consider adding an SEO plugin, such as the Yoast SEO plugin to easily handle these open graph tags.
Recommended Information to include on a Facebook Feature Image:
- Website Link
- Title of blog post/ event/ webpage
- Date, Time, and Venue for Events
- Call to action
Latest posts by Hou Teng (see all)
- How to Optimize Permalinks on WordPress: SEO Basics - October 30, 2017
- SEO Hack: Social Media Link Building - October 23, 2017
- SEO Basics: Disavow Links with Google’s Link Disavow Tool - October 12, 2017